This topic describes the enhancements incorporated into Version 8.0.0 of ASG-JOB/SCAN (herein called JOB/SCAN) and ASG-DOCU/TEXT (herein called DOCU/TEXT).
ASG ACCESS Portal Updates and Service Packs
ASG’s Intelligent Support Portal (ISP) has been changed to ASG Customer Care Expert Solution Services (ACCESS) Portal.
We encourage you to visit ACCESS Portal: https://access.asg.com to verify whether any product or documentation revisions, new maintenance, or service packs apply to this product release.
JOB/SCAN 8.0.0 will run successfully on the current (z/OS 2.3) IBM mainframe hardware and operating system release.
JOB/SCAN 8.0.0 Supports z/OS 2.3
Version 8.0.0 provides the below functional enhancements, which includes support for many of the new features in z/OS 2.3 JCL and utility programs.
This release of JOB/SCAN supports:
- delimiters (DLM) parameter length from 2 to 18 characters.
- new JCL variables, SYSJOBNM symbol representing the JES2 job name and SYSJOBID symbol representing the JES2 job ID value.
- new DD parameter ROACCESS. JOB/SCAN processes ROACCESS sub-parameters such as ALLOW, DISALLOW, EXTLOCK and TRKLOCK.
- JCL NOTIFY statement to accept e-mail address, user-id, type of message and an expression. The syntax of NOTIFY statement:
- EMAIL parameter to code an e-mail address in JCL for JOB and JOBGROUP statements.
- PASSWORD parameter in JCL for JOB and JOBGROUP statements.
- SYSEMAIL system symbol.
- GDGBIAS keyword and its sub-parameters on JOB statement.
- system variables with names longer than 8 characters.
- DD parameter SPIN and its sub-parameters.
- new DB2 12 commands:
- FREE STABILIZED DYNAMIC QUERY (DSN)
- BIND SERVICE (DSN)
- FREE SERVICE (DSN)
- the keyword options that have been added to the following DB2 12 commands:
- BIND PACKAGE (DSN)
- REBIND PACKAGE (DSN)
- FREE PACKAGE (DSN)
- REBIND TRIGGER PACKAGE (DSN)