This document describes the software changes that are included in Version 8.0.0 of ASG-JOB/SCAN (herein called JOB/SCAN) and ASG-DOCU/TEXT (herein called DOCU/TEXT). Before you install the product, review all attachments and follow instructions in Installation.
ASG ACCESS Portal Updates and Service Packs
ASG’s Intelligent Support Portal (ISP) has been changed to ASG Customer Care Expert Solution Services (ACCESS) Portal.
We encourage you to visit ACCESS Portal: https://access.asg.com to verify whether any product or documentation revisions, new maintenance, or service packs apply to this product release.
JOB/SCAN and DOCU/TEXT 8.0.0 documentations are only available as online version.
You can access it from the following links:
- JOB/SCAN - https://support.asg.com/OP/JJS/home.htm
- DOCU/TEXT - https://support.asg.com/OP/JDT/home.htm
ACCESS Community User Forum
The new ASG online user forum - ACCESS Community, helps you to initiate real-time conversations with peers, share information, ask questions, receive latest announcements, and expertise on a variety of ASG product-based topics. To receive latest announcements on JCL products, follow the JCL Management topics.
To follow JCL Management topic:
- Visit the ACCESS Community Page at: https://www.asg.com/en/Support.aspx
- Click 'COMMUNITY' from the list of topics.
- Login using your ASG user credentials.
- Accept the ACCESS Communities Rules of Engagement.
- Select the ‘OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT’ from the list of Community Topics and click ‘JCL Management’.
- Click 'Follow'. You may choose to receive alerts about New posts and comments or New Posts only. A confirmation message is displayed at the top of the window.
To submit a new post:
- Navigate to the JCL Management product topic, click the ‘New post’ button and describe the details regarding your post and click ‘Submit’.
This document accompanies JOB/SCAN and DOCU/TEXT release level 8.0.0 and supersedes any prior release notes for these products.
Operating System Requirements
JOB/SCAN and DOCU/TEXT 8.0.0 are supported on all IBM-supported releases of the z/OS operating system, including the most current release.
Starting with Version 8.0.0, the installation files and procedure for JOB/SCAN and DOCU/TEXT have changed significantly from previous releases.
- The product files are now delivered via download from theSG Customer Care Expert Solution Services (ACCESS) Portal in XMI file format instead of the ASG-POP package used in earlier releases.
- The product now provides full installation and maintenance support through IBM’s System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E).
- JOB/SCAN and DOCU/TEXT share the same product installation files, which are used to install both products. The DOCU/TEXT product files are included in the ZIP files and are transferred with the JOB/SCAN files to the mainframe. As a result of this consolidation, the DOCU/TEXT installation files have been renamed using this convention:
where nnn is the product version (base release level).
After you download these files and transfer them to your mainframe, you set up and customize the DOCU/TEXT environment separately from JOB/SCAN.
To install JOB/SCAN and/or DOCU/TEXT
- Download the 8.0.0 ZIP file from the ACCESS Portal: https://access.asg.comto your PC.
- Extract the installation files from the ZIP file to your local directory.
- Follow the appropriate procedure in Installation for the product(s) that you are installing.
If you have questions about the new library names and procedure or need assistance, contact ASG Customer Support.
Release Library Update Summary
When upgrading from earlier versions of JOB/SCAN and/or DOCU/TEXT, replace all libraries.
Libraries Updated by Release
These library changes have been implemented in release level 8.0.0.
- SJJSSAMP members ENQDT and ENQJS are no longer being shipped.
- The .REXX library has been eliminated. As a result, RKIT and RSMP are now located in SJJSSTDL.
- .VBCLIST and .FBCLIST have been combined into SJJSCLST.
Notes for Existing Customers
ASG-Advanced Product Manager
This section provides instructions for overriding the warning period used by the ASG-Advanced Product Manager (product authorization software). This optional procedure should be performed only in mainframe environments. It is not to be used with ASG products using ASG-License Manager.
Overriding the Warning Period
Temporary and evaluation type keys will now warn of expiration for 5 days rather than the annual, term, or perpetual type keys which will continue to warn for 45 days.
You may now override the 5 day or 45 day warning period by providing the new number of warning days as an additional parameter in the product key.
To override the number of days to start expiration warning
- Modify the product key as follows and reassemble. For example:
JJS ASGPROD 900000000,2010232,******-***,******,2,33A1,22EA,A903, X
The ,35 will override the number of days to warn of expiration to 35 days.
VDB ASGPROD 900000000,2010232,******-***,******,2,33A1,22EA,A903, X
The 15 will override the number of days to warn of expiration to 15 days.
JOB/SCAN runtime option DB2VER, is obsolete. Leaving it in a JS option member has no effect.
JOB/SCAN run option Cobol Exit Environment (CXE) has been deprecated.
The job, LINKFAIR, no longer needs to be run, as the load module, J00YLIB3, is shipped pre-built. J00YLIB3 now dynamically loads Librarian modules as needed.
If JOB/SCAN is running APF authorized, any exit (such as Selection, Standards, or program name exit) that JOB/SCAN calls must also reside in an APF authorized library. Any module the exit calls must reside in an APF authorized library as well.
Language Specific Notes
Significant changes have been made to JOB/SCAN, so that it allows the JOB/SCAN Exits (Standards, Selection, and Program-name) to conform to a Language Environment (LE) and be language-independent. Any LE-conforming language that IBM supports, can be used as a JOB/SCAN exit.
- The COBOL Execution Environment (CXE) Run Option is deprecated. This means that CXE is no longer required or supported.
- Perform the listed changes related to Standards and Selection Exits only when you are upgrading JOB/SCAN from 7.8.1 or earlier version to 8.0.0 version. Changes are not required if you are upgrading from JOB/SCAN 7.9.0 version to 8.0.0 version.
All existing JOB/SCAN exits written in COBOL (Standards and Selection exits) must be compiled (or re-compiled) with an MVS Enterprise COBOL compiler. Enterprise COBOL Versions 3, 4, 5, and later are supported. An ISPF Edit Macro called CCEXIT is provided in JOB/SCAN’s SJJSSAMP data set that can be used to compile any JOB/SCAN exit. Consult CCEXIT for changes that must be made to run at your site.
JOB/SCAN COBOL Standards and Selection exits must NOT issue an EXIT statement to return to JOB/SCAN. GOBACK must be used instead to return to JOB/SCAN.
For JOB/SCAN COBOL Standards exits, RETURN-CODE MUST be explicitly set to zero before returning to JOB/SCAN.
MOVE ZERO TO RETURN-CODE.
If RETURN-CODE is not explicitly set to ZERO, unpredictable results may occur.
Assembler exits must conform to an LE. This means that for any LE-compliant program, the entry macro CEEENTRY MAIN=NO and other CEE macros must be used. An ISPF edit macro called ASMEXIT is provided in JOB/SCAN's SJJSSAMP data set to assist in assembling JOB/SCAN exits written in assembler.
For JOB/SCAN Standards exits written in z/OS assembler, the exit MUST return a return code of 0 (zero) or unpredictable results may occur.
Standards exits written in REXX require no changes.